Family

Family

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Preparedness Challenge #6

The week of April 17-23 we:

-got two more free food storage buckets







-bought 8 pounds of lentils





-bought 4 pounds of black beans

-bought 2 pounds of garbanzo beans

-dried enough strawberries to fill on pint jar...this is a learning process.  Next time I will do thicker pieces than recommended.

-bought 50 pounds of sweet onions which I hope to start dehydrating much of in the next few weeks

-bought 50 pounds of red potatoes which I hope to start dehydrating much of in the next few weeks

(I buy this amount several times a year from a local produce stand.  Just a few weeks ago they cost $12.  Yesterday I paid $18.50!!  But they still had bell peppers and cucumbers 3 for a $1)

-added 12 pounds of kamut and 6 pounds of spelt to buckets

-planted four types of squashes

-tilled up three more small garden spots

1 comment:

Roan said...

Where did you buy the dried beans, and where are you storing all of this?
I am loving my Bosch! I have made 3 batches of bread. I haven't opened my pail of wheat berries yet...still waiting on my gamma lid to arrive. I only have enough ground flour to make one more batch of bread, so I will be grinding wheat for the first time one day next week!

Is there a place I can buy brown rice in bigger bags than what they sell at Kroger?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...