Family

Family

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving Menu

How many of you have already planned out your Thanksgiving menu?  Are you taking advantage of great sales prices to stock up.  Butter, cream cheese, turkey, ham, and cranberries are just a few of the items I have been finding at great prices right now.

This year my oldest daughter, Lauren, has decided to host Thanksgiving dinner at her home.  They also live out in the country and have a nice lake just out their back yard.  I'm sure some canoeing and shooting will be going on as well as eating lots of good food and chasing little ones.  I am so thankful that both of my married daughters live close enough for easy visits and we can still be together for one of our favorite holidays.

Our Thanksgiving menu rarely changes through the years.  I'll be baking a turkey and ham, a sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes and a dessert that my food allergic boys can eat.  Devin will be making our sweet and sour beans and another dessert.  Lauren is going to try her hand at dressing this year.  She called yesterday wanting the recipe.  Does anyone really use a recipe?  Years spent watching my mamaw and my mama make dressing and being the taste-tester taught me how to make it.  I made a few changes here and there, but we love our dressing.  She'll have to get experience and make it her own.  She also mentioned a caramel apple cheesecake.  Oh, my!!  Grandmother will be bringing rolls and our traditional cranberry/apple casserole.  Here is a link to some of our favorite holiday recipes.  I would love for you to share some of yours with us!!


Chocolate chess pies, blueberry cream cheese pies, sweet and sour beans and cranberry apple casserole recipes are here.
http://busyhandsbusyminds.blogspot.com/2009/11/more-thanksgiving-dinner-recipes.html


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post thank you for sharing...blessings

Maya - Online PhD Schools said...

I love celebrating Thanksgiving! It’s one of the days that all the members even the extended members of the family could spend a day or two at our place. Even our kids enjoy the company of their cousins, aunts and uncles. But, the day won’t be complete without dessert. So thanks a lot for sharing!

My homepage: Online PhD UK Programs

Susan Payton said...

What a lovely page. It looks like you havan't been here in awhile, but I am hoping you will be back. There are so many deserted blogs anymore, I am hoping you will return. I have been guilty myself of neglecting my blogs at times myself. Anyway, thanks for letting me visit.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com
http://myfavoritesolarlights.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

nice and encouraging blog, i found you thrue another blogger..i will certainly follow you
dough my blog is in dutch ...i can read inglish...blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...