Family

Family

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Learning Adventures with Dad



Jeff recently took Aaron, Kaelan and Jackson on an overnight camping trip at the state part just a mile from our house.   The boys and Jeff have been camping several times with former Contenders for the Faith group, but Kaelan has missed out on those adventures and has only gone a couple of times. 

Kaelan made a list of all the items that they would need to take plus a shopping list of foods for her dad to purchase.  The day of the camping trip found them hustling to gather up sleeping bags, pillows, tackle and rods for fishing, filling jugs with water, loading the tents and many other needed items.  With the exception of hooking the boat to the truck and shopping for the groceries, they did most of the planning and the work.   Planning, packing, organizing, building fires, cooking, boating and fishing....all great learning activities.

I thought I would let Jackson tell you about their camping adventures today.  Jackson used the pictures to tell me what happened.



In this picture, I (Jackson) was chopping wood for the fire.  


I was still chopping wood when I saw Dad come up to take a picture.




So I stopped and smiled for him!



Aaron and Kaelan were boating.


I was fishing with a stick because my pole wasn't ready yet.  It was tangled and Dad had to untangle it.


Kaelan and Aaron love boating.


I am drinking coffee.  (not a every day thing, I assure you!)


I was still drinking coffee.


Aaron and Kaelan are cooking breakfast.  


Dad took a picture of Aaron cooking breakfast.


Aaron is flipping the pancake on Kaelan's plate.


I am drinking coffee because I like coffee.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...