Family

Family

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Menu Plan for September 26-October 2

Wow!! The time is really flying by lately, isn't it?  As I typed in the dates above I realized Caedmon's third birthday is just next week.  Time to make plans for a celebration; although, each day with Caedmon is a celebration of sorts!!  ; ) Today he sang "You Are My Sunshine" about 15 times on the way home from church...no kidding!!

This week we'll be eating out of the freezer or home canned goods a good bit.   And to help cleanups go a little faster, we broke down and bought paper plates.  It's just taking so much time out of our day to get the kitchen cleaned up, so maybe the paper plates will help.  We'll see!  Here's what's on the menu for this next week:

Monday
-b-Maple Crunch Muffins, sliced apples and grapes
-l-leftovers
-d-grilled chicken, vegetable pilaf, green beans and spinach salad

Tuesday
-b-biscuits (from the freezer), bacon, eggs and grits
-l-whitebeans with ham (freezer), cornbread muffins, salad
-d-baked spaghetti (home-canned spaghetti sauce), salad, pesto (frozen) bread sticks

Wednesday
-b-baked oatmeal, apples and grapes, bagels with cream cheese
-l-bean(canned pinto beans) tostados
-d-baked potato bar with chili (freezer), chives, onions, cheese, sour cream

Thursday
-b-applesauce (home canned) muffins, eggs, grits
-l-leftovers
-d-brisket (previously cooked and frozen), rice and gravy, sauteed squash, English peas, butter beans

Friday
-b-pancakes, sausage
-l-pasta salad with grilled chicken, olives, cheese, onions, peppers
-d-homemade pizzas and cobbler for dessert

Saturday
-b-biscuits, bacon, grits, eggs
-l-leftovers
-d-spicy chicken casserole (freezer), corn on the cob, green beans

Sunday
-b-cinnamon rolls (freezer) or granola
-l-finger foods at church
-d-tortilla chips, refried beans (freezer), salsa

2 comments:

~Rhen @yestheyareallmine said...

I keep thinking and even talking with Hubs about freezer meals, it just never happens. If I try to prepare a double meal and freeze half of it, the fam thinks it means they can eat twice as much! :)

Anonymous said...

Anita, I don't blog anymore but I have you bookmarked, even on my phone, all for your menus. Lol. You give me ideas when I run out. I'm curious, however, of an average meal cost. I try to save the best way that I can. I know you can, freeze and garden. Any tips for city folk? Lol
Your real life friend,
Kysha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...