Family

Family

Monday, May 9, 2011

Not Me!!

Okay, I realize my last post was a little stressed out and whiney!!  I'm just a homebody who really doesn't like for my routine to be interrupted too much and for the last three weeks it has been very difficult to get anything remotely resembling school work done.  So, I had my prayer time, read three chapters from Hebrews (which our visiting speaker is teaching on this week), had a few moments of reflection....and headed out for a quick run to pick up fresh fruits and veggies to get us through the week.  I got a flat of strawberries cheap and they are already bagged and in the freezer.  I also got three papayas which Jeff loves dried.  Two of them are soaking in some lemon water and will go in the dehydrator soon.   Seasoned angus beef is in the crockpot and will be used to make a huge pot of pasta sauce.  Stuffed shells are on the menu for tonight....  We will not be going to church tonight as my sister is in town and called to see if she could come visit.  We only see her a few times each year, so she will be coming for dinner.

Next week we will be able to focus more on our academics.  This week we will continue with some independent studies, but we still have some garden work to do and a house that desperately needs a pressure washer used on it.   So, I will not stress!  No, not me!  I will used the time that God has given to do the next thing and make the best use of the time that we do have.

To move on to a much lighter topic:  Saturday as we were getting ready to head out for the violin recital our electricity went off.  I needed a quick shower and had planned on washing and drying my hair, but just took a quick bath instead.  I got dressed, did my hair and makeup and grabbed a pair of earrings, my wedding band and watch to complete my ensemble. : )   We came home from the recital to find the electricity was still off and our dinner in the crock pot was not ready.  Jeff decided since we all looked so nice for a change that we should go out to eat.  I decided to through my long, thick, heavy, it's- been- way- too -long- since- I've- had- a- haircut hair into a ponytail before we left.  As I climbed into the truck Aaron was staring at me strangely.  I asked what the problem was and he told me I had on two different ear rings....and we had already been out in public talking to people.  I think my hair probably covered them up any way.  So what did I do about the mis-matched earrings?  Wore them any way!!  Wore them to the restaurant where we ran into friends and to Wal Mart as well.   So, that's my first and probably last NOT ME!  post.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...