Family

Family

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Name Change?

Somedays I wonder if I changed the name of our blog if we would slow down any.  Busy Hands Busy Minds definitely describes our home, though.  I wonder if Quiet Hands Quiet Minds or Peaceful Hands Peaceful Minds could ever be used to describe the home in which I live.  It seems that it is not to be for this season of our lives.  And as we had our children over an almost 25 year time span our season for busyness will be longer than most, I assume.    And really, I am thankful!!  I know many my age and younger whose 1.6 children have left the nest and they are free to do whatever it is that empty nesters do.  I am grateful that I have many more years before that happens and I am learning new skills as I go that will be useful to me and to my children in the days ahead.

Today I already hear Aaron practicing piano.   Jeff is cranking up the lawn mower or weed eater or pressure washer.  Pressure washers are necessities when you have a home  covered in white vinyl siding.  UGH!!   Breathing treatments are already started as colds have set in with all six of the "at-home" children.  I'll be headed to the kitchen in just a moment to start up a double batch of buttermilk biscuits while some of the children cook up the sausage, eggs and grits for our normal Saturday breakfast.  The dehydrator has been running all night with granola and I hope to keep it running today dehydrating onions. Grandma and Grandpa are due to arrive in a couple of hours. The house is NOT in order.  A roast is ready to go into the crockpot for our dinner AFTER we return home from a violin recital with Devin's students.  Kaelan is one of those students so I am sure in just a moment we will also be hearing violin music coming from the girls' room.  Then there's the laundry, the dusting, the mopping, the straightening up of desks and school tables and bookshelves, butter and ricotta cheese to be made,  bathrooms to be cleaned, balls to be tossed, tomatoes and peppers to be planted, weeds to be pulled, books to be read, games to be played, little guys to be snuggled and bikes to be ridden.

Yes, it is a busy life.  But what a blessing it is to be busy.  Busy at home working with and for our family.  It is indeed a busy and blessed life!

And, just so you don't think we don't have a quiet moment or two EVER, I thought I would share a picture of Caedmon from last week.  I recently put several reference books in reach of the younger children.  Jackson's favorite thus far is David Macauley's The Way Things Work.  Caedmon loves to study the animals in an animal encyclopedia.  Maybe he'll be a zoologist or go on safari one day.




Happy, Busy Saturday!!

3 comments:

Shanda said...

Actually, when I think of the 'business' of your life, I also think of peacefullness as your life is back to earth, not running everywhere as most of us do.
BTW...I liked my blog today to yours. Check it out....Longlife

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!!!

Laura at By the Bushel said...

So thankful I met Busy Hands... inspiration, not perfection, but sanctification, gladness, purity. goodness. That's why I pop over to busy hands, busy minds. I know those hands are at our Lord's work. In the busy-ness of His life for you- all. :) this from a 1.6 er, (relatively speaking.) So thankful for your sharing. This late starter appreciates your momentum and constant involvment in life! Happy, joyous mother's day. Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...