Family

Family

Monday, May 9, 2011

Menu Plan for May 9-15

This will be another crazy week.  I, for one, will be ready for recitals and other activities to cease.  Praying the second half of May will bring fewer outside activities.  This week the church we attend is having meetings every night but Thursday.  The meetings start at 6:30.  Jeff and Jordan get home from work at 5:30.  It takes around 30 minutes to get to the church, so we leave at 5:55 to give us a five minute cushion.  So dinner must be ready as soon as they get home and we need to walk out the door quickly.   We need quick meals and quick clean up for this week.  I'm going to be real.  This stresses me out!  Last night we left at 5:55 and arrived home after 9.  We were gone to the morning services and lunch from 9:20 until after 2.  Saturday was an incredibly busy day with lots of outdoor and kitchen work, a visit from grandparents, electricity going out and a violin recital.  Saturday's dinner was in the crockpot, but without electricity it didn't finish cooking.  We came home from the recital to find the electricity was still off, so since we were all dressed nicely Jeff decided to take us out to eat.  And then we had to run to Wal Mart to grab something to make finger foods for our church lunch on Sunday.  Can I just say finger foods take much more thought for me that a full blown meal.  I don't know why, but they do!!  And yes, I know I am whining!!  I can handle busy at home, but having to leave my home so much throws me in a tizzy!  Having a baby in my mid-forties has had me evaluating the time I spend away from home and it seems life runs much smoother for our family if I am at home.  I suppose that's why Titus 2 tells older women to teach the younger women to be busy at home.

So here we are on Monday morning.  Two year old is zonked out in my lap, lesson plans are not done and a menu plan is not done either.  I am trying to think of quick meals without resorting to sandwiches with store bought sandwich meat.  (Caedmon had a little allergic reaction to some yesterday at church!!)  And all the kids have colds as well.  Ok, I'll stop whining now.  And pray for some much needed grace and peace.


-breakfasts will be granola, grits, eggs, toast, bacon, biscuits and muffins

-lunch will be popcorn, cheese, crackers, fruit and/or leftovers

-dinners will be beef enchiladas from the freezer, stuffed shells with tomato based sauce, beef fajitas, chicken wraps, chili with tortilla chips, chicken veggie pilaf and grilled burgers....all dinners will be served with a green salad fresh from the garden

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stay home whenever you can. One thing I've learned is that when you say yes to outside activities, you are most likely saying no to your family and their needs. My husband often knows exactly what I need to do before I even ask him about activities.

Monica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...