Family

Family

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Simple Things

Last night I had the two little boys at home with me while everyone else went to church.  They watched a little movie while I did some cleaning and talked to my mom on the phone.  After we took our nightly meds and brushed teeth we climbed into my bed to snuggle and read books.  Jackson was so excited!  Now, reading books together is really nothing new, but to be the only ones at home and to be allowed to get in my bed and snuggle together WHILE we are reading is not an everyday occurrence.  This was special.

After I got the boys to stop jumping on the bed we read Good Night, Everyone Good Night by Harriet Ziefert and The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf.  Jackson picked out both books for our evening reading time.  After we finished reading and discussing each book (Ferdinand is a bull in Spain and is picked to go to the bull fights in Madrid--I have actually been to a bull fight in Madrid, so could add lots of information to the background) we set the books aside and tried to go to sleep.  As he has done before, sweet six year old Jackson reached for my hand and laced his fingers through mine.  What a sweet and precious moment!  One I know most likely won't be repeated by him in a few more years.

Today, I am going to slow down a little bit (no big milk production going on today, Michelle) and spend some more time with these little guys.  It won't be long until they are just a big as the older boys and  won't be wanting to snuggle with their old mom in the bed reading picture books.  Today we will make tomorrow's memories.....and I hope they are all good!

My precious little guys!

Caedmon Alexander-2

Thomas Jonathan Jackson-6



For a Child
Fannie Stearns Davis

Your friends shall be the Tall Wind,
The River and the Tree;
The Sun that laughs and marches,
The Swallows and the Sea.

Your prayers shall be the murmur
Of grasses in the rain;
The song of wildwood thrushes
That makes God glad again.

And you shall run and wander,
And you shall dream and sing
Of brave things and bright things
Beyond the swallow's wings.

And you shall envy no man,
Nor hurt your heart with sighs,
For I will keep you simple
That God may make you wise.





Raising Arrows

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have some older ones and a six year old. My older ones were at youth group while dad, Q (the six year old), and I had some family time by ourselves. It is so nice to have those quiet moments where we can focus on the youngest. So often he can get lost in a blur of high school at home and the older one's activities. He needs that time with us just as much as we do. I love it! Thanks for sharing!!

Michelle said...

You know I really did mean that when I said amazing women...love reading your blog...even though I dont always comment, always enjoying hearing about all your busy hands are doing!

Amy @ Raising Arrows said...

They DO grow up so fast. What a beautiful way to spend your day. Thanks for sharing. (and sorry the code is so crazy...I'm trying work it out, but it has been rather difficult. :( )
Blessings,
Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...