Family

Family

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dreaming

Sometimes when I am doing the dishes with one of the children, they really open up and start talking...telling me their hopes and dreams.  Today one son was telling me about some writing ideas he has and we discussed how to make them actually happen.  He has always had a wonderful imagination and is using it in his writing.  Then he went on to some gardening ideas he has that will be blessings to all of us:  a feast for both the stomach, the eyes and the soul.   Both of us are more than ready for some homegrown tomatoes and basil.

As we were finishing up I was wiping down some cabinets and started thinking about our little kitchen remodeling project that I would like to soon get underway.  I thought about adding some chalkboard paint to some of the cabinets where  I could write the breakfast menu on one, lunch on another and dinner on yet another cabinet.

Then it occurred to me that I could paint the inside of the cabinet door with magnetic paint and put needed recipes for the menus on them.  The breakfast menu on the front with recipes needed to make the dishes on the back of the door.  How handy would that be?

Then I started looking at the track lighting and had visions of changing that up as well.  The track lights could be moved to the hallway to highlight the children's photography and art work.  What a nice display that would make!

I would like to install mounted lights under the upper cabinets to light up the countertops and I am thinking about some old school house looking pendant lighting for the ceiling.  It would probably take 3-4 lights, but I think it would look very neat.

So, what are you dreaming about today?  A writing project, gardening, remodeling or just a relaxing day at the beach?


6 comments:

Celee said...

We always have a long list. Our cooktop needs to be replaced and my husband would like to also replace our countertops. I don't want to spend the money! I would love to think of a place to put some raingutter-type face-out book shelves, but have every inch of my walls covered! We also need to put doors on our front living room to make a nice study for my husband, but we have 10 foot ceilings and need to do some framing and sheetrock work, as well. One thing leads to another!

Celee

Bill & Glory said...

I'm dreaming of reading. Just having a steaming mug of hot tea beside my comfy chair and delving into a gorgeous book (I just bought one today for this very purpose). It's wonderful that you encourage your children's dreams. They are wings that fly on the winds of God's breath.

Blessings!
Glory

Shanda said...

I am dreaming of not doing anything. Funny I just wrote a blog yesterday where I just dreamed of doing nothing. God had been convicting me and at my bible study yesterday, so many were feeling the same way.
http://shandaoakley.blogspot.com/2011/03/stopping-in-fast-lane.html

However your ideas are so inspiring that I may have to try them; especially the magnetic paint in the kitchen!

I always enjoy your blogs and have made your granola three times now!!!!

Roan said...

I am dreaming of the beach....
only the beach....
sitting in a chair, my feet in the water, a book in my hand, my children playing happily all around me...

the beach!

Sam said...

That is a fabulous idea for recipes!

Crystal said...

Visiting from the Chatty Mommy. I just love the beach. You is so beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...