Family

Family

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gluten, Dairy and Egg Free Shortbread

I came across a recipe for shortbread for my wheat, egg and dairy allergic little man, bought the one ingredient that I did not have on hand and then couldn't find the recipe!  The story of my life right now...unorganized!!  Doing a search only got me dairy and egg free recipes, so I substituted and came up with my own recipe.  It really does taste good, but is very crumbly.  I may add a little more of the "butter" next time I make it and also more sugar.

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease a cookie sheet.

Cream 1 cup of dairy free margarine---I found Earth Balance at my local Kroger
Add in 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar.

In separate bowl, combine  1 cup of gluten free Bisquick ( I found this at WalMart), 3/4 garbanzo/fava flour (Bob's Red Mill from Kroger) and 1/4 t. salt.

Slowly add dry ingredients to butter/sugar mixture.

Spread on greased cookie sheet to about 1/2 inch thick.  Prick with a fork.  Bake about 17 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges.  Slice into squares and cool on racks.  I did sprinkle regular sugar over the top after baking.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...