Family

Family

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Regrets? I Have a Few

I was brought up to believe that I could do whatever I set my mind to do. And I still believe that way. Only what I have set my mind to do is not probably what others would have had me do. I have absolutely no regrets in the decision that Jeff and I made over 20 years ago for me to be at home with our children. No regrets about that at all. However, I do have regrets about some other things..time wasted on television, not spending more time in Bible study with the older ones when they were young, cultural influences that were allowed, etc. But, I truly believe that my job is the most important job that a mother can have....to stay and home and daily see to the needs and training of her own children. I am so very thankful that God has allowed me to have this career. It is definitely challenging, thought-provoking, tedious at times, and joyous always even in the midst of challenges.

Below is a link to an article I found on Doug Phillips blog. This is written by a 37 year old single career woman. She is regretting much. Cut and paste this link to read the article.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/article5662099.ece

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...