Family

Family

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Am I Getting Old, Do I Have Nursing Mother's Disease or Both?

I don't know if it's just that I'm getting old ( I am 44!) or if I just have Nursing Mother's Disease....those of you who have ever been a nursing mother know what I am talking about...those of you who haven't are probably just grossed out by the thought! Lately, I have had a few times of confusion or just plain out stupidity.

A week before Thanksgiving I inventoried my freezers and made a detailed list of all my prepared foods and meats ready to cook. My plan was to get back in the habit of weekly menu planning, but my list disappeared after Thanksgiving and I don't have time (and just don't want to make the time) to re-inventory. So, no weekly menu, but thankfully, I can still pull out prepared foods each morning to suit my mood for the evening meal.

The other day I was in my Research Room deeply submerged in research (this actually means I was soaking in my tub!) when my youngest daughter discreetly passed the phone to me as her father needed to speak to me. We were having trouble hearing each other and he asked if I had put it on speaker phone. I said, "Let me check." After checking I asked him if he could hear me now and he said, "Yes, that's much better. What happened?" I had been holding the phone upside down!!

Then I called my mom to check if she had worked on a little Christmas surprise that I had asked her to do. When I had asked her to do it she was just getting out of some outpatient surgery and was very groggy, so I didn't think she remembered. She didn't, but one of the recepients of the surprise was in the room with me and I couldn't reveal too much. I asked the recepient of the surprise to leave the room while I continued talking with my mom. Said recepient had been gone for several minutes and I had continued talking when my mom asked, "What did you want me to do?" I said, "What are you talking about?" I had forgotten what I called her for...even after asking the recepient to leave the room.

I think maybe it's a combination of both.....I'm just an old nursing mom!

3 comments:

Liesa said...

HI ANITA.
WELCOME TO MY WORLD! HA.

HAPPY DAY.
LOVE,
L

Ryan said...

Hey Anita,

I'm right there with you sister. That is hilarious! Thanks for sharing. It reminds me of the Not Me Monday on My Charming Kids blog. Have a great, crazy day!

Kim

Anonymous said...

You probably just need more research time! You can never do too much research you know...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...