Family

Family

Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas is coming!

Yesterday during the morning rain, I finished wrapping all the presents and put them under the tree. I still have one order that hasn't been delivered (eagerly awaiting the big brown truck's arrival soon) and have a few small items to purchase. We are downsizing a little this year, not necessarily because of the economy, but because Jeff splurged on some of the children's birthday presents this year.

Most of our Christmas goody baking is done- thanks to Devin's all day session in the kitchen last Saturday. We still have a few goodies to make, but I think Kaelan and I will try to do those things. I will also make and freeze several dishes to take to my mom's for our early Christmas down there and for our own Christmas dinner here. The turkey is in the freezer (actually there are 8 turkeys in the freezer purchased after Thanksgiving at 29 cents a pound!) and things shouldn't be too hectic for the rest of the season. We are enjoying some time off from formal study and I am finishing up plans for next semester and clearing out some things in the school room.

Yesterday Jeff took the afternoon off. He napped with the two little boys and spent some time with the others hiking down to see the swollen creek and playing a few games of Clue. Here are some pictures of my youngest children--Kaelan, Jackson and little brother Caedmon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...