Family

Family

Monday, March 16, 2009

Stop the Clock, Please!

Can someone please tell me where the time goes? Our days seem to be flying by so quickly and then our weeks and months fly by as well. Last week was a whirlwind of activity with piano lessons and dentist appointments on Tuesday, three sets of visitors on Wednesday, enrichment classes, choir and helping friends load up for a move on Thursday. I just called a time-out on Friday and we just loafed and played all day. Then Jeff, Caedmon and I bought groceries and stopped for dinner that evening. Saturday we had a quick clean up and mall run, then Jeff and middle children again helped our friends load up, before they all, along with three other families came here for a send-off dinner. Yesterday, Jeff and I both took naps with the little boys and then we were invited to some friends house for an impromptu time of food and fellowship. We were out way too late (having too much fun) and I wound up with some grouchy kids this morning. We covered the basics in school today and had my dryer repaired so now I can wash and dry umpteen loads of laundry tonight. Oh, and did I mention "we" have a baby due this week? Ok, not "we" as in the house, but my oldest daughter, Lauren, just missed her due date yesterday. She is miserable but trying to patiently await the arrival of their second baby boy. Jeff and I will be heading to the hospital with Caedmon, of course, to be a support for her and James during her labor. Praying that all will go well. I keep thinking that life will slow down one day, but so far "one day" has eluded us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...