Family

Family

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Toe-Stepping

I am reading through the book of Romans very slowly these days and Paul, the author of the book of Romans,  is stepping on my toes.  In Romans 12 Paul give a list of sorts of what behaviors typify a Christian.  I fall short in so many areas.  I am exceedingly grateful that Jesus' blood covers all my failings, aren't you?  However, that doesn't mean that we can't do better and with God's help...all things ARE possible.

Here's my checklist version:

1.  Let love be without hypocrisy.
2.  Abhor what is evil.
3.  Cling to what is good.
4.  Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love.
5.  Give preference to others.
6.  Don't lag in diligence.
7.  Be fervent in spirit and serve the Lord.
8.  Rejoice in hope.
9.  Be patient in tribulations.
10.  Be steadfast in prayer.
11.  Distribute to the needs of the saints.
12.  Practice hospitality.
13.  Bless those who persecute  you.
14.  Rejoice with those who rejoice.
15.  Weep with those who weep.
16.  Associate with the humble and do not think yourself wise.
17.  Don't repay evil for evil.
18.  Live at peace with all men as much as you can.
19.  Do not avenge yourself.
20.  Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.


You all know how I love lists and love to check off the items that I accomplish.  This list, however, will take a lifetime to complete.  Again, I am so thankful that Jesus' love has covered me with His cloak of righteousness.  His love never fails...even when we do!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love this list. I am going to print it up and put it on my filing cabinet. Thank you for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...