Family

Family

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thankful All My Days-Day One



Today I am starting up a list of things I am thankful for throughout this month.  As he has been away from home for the last few days and is traveling many miles to come home to those of us who miss him, I thought I would start with my husband, Jeff.

Provider:  He is a hard working father who has always worked more than one job to provide for his family.  He doesn't only provide for us financially, but he provides opportunities for us to work  together on various projects around our homestead and teaches us all the value of hard work.

Priest:  Most evenings find us gathering together as a family to sing in worship and to study the Bible together.  He encourages us all to study God's Word in our daily quiet times and makes sure we are involved in corporate worship as well.  He leads his family not only in work, but deed.

Protector:  He protects us from the evil in this world by making sure we do not view questionable materials over the tv or internet.  He encourages us to guard our hearts from wickedness.  He teaches the children to shoot.  ; )  He cautions us to be ever watchful of our time and energy...to make sure that we are using it to bring glory to God.

In the 28 years that we have been married we have gone from young adults to middle aged grandparents.  Young college students to students of life.  From small family to large.  From  town dwellers to country homesteaders.  But one thing has remained.  Jeff has been steadfastly devoted to me...to our union and to our family.  Yes, I am thankful for my husband.  




Linking up here
http://www.surrenderedlivingnow.com/2011/11/02/in-all-things-give-thanks-thankful-thursday-link-up/

3 comments:

Mary Joy said...

That is beautiful!!! What a wonderful picture of your husband! :D

So..So..special!

Cinnamon said...

What a beautiful marriage!

I love what you said "from young adults to grand-parents" what a sweet journey!

~Cinnamon

Mary Joy said...

Anita,

I would love for you to link this post up to my "Thankful Thursdays" Link-Up! I would love for our readers to see this. Its beautiful!

Blessings!

Mrs Mary Joy Pershing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...