Family

Family

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Coming Home!

It's been a long five days!!  Jeff and Jordan left home Wednesday morning for Cincinnati to film at the GIANT homeschool conference up there.  They were kept quite busy the entire time and didn't have time for any meals other than fast food.  So I have a rotisserie chicken planned for dinner tonight with green beans, corn, rice, corn bread, and homemade bread.  That should revive them somewhat!

I have had 4 sick children on my hands for most of the week.  I think the pollen has gotten to some of them, but Jackson seems to have a virus with a headache, fever and vomiting.  He is pretty pathetic!  Caedmon and I are the only ones who haven't been sick.  The older ones are resting most of the time, but are helping some to keep things picked up and in order.

I was really hoping to have a good well-planned school week starting tomorrow, but with this sickness, I will just have to do the best I can.  I am giving a short talk on the best books for children this Saturday at a mothers' brunch for our local homeschool support group.  Do you have any books that you would recommend?  What are some of your favorite books about books?  I would love to hear about books that you have enjoyed sharing with your children.   Some of my current favorites are from Lamplighter.  What are yours?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...