Family

Family

Monday, August 10, 2009

Redeem the Time

"See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is." Ephesians 5: 15-17

This is our memory verse for our first week of the new school year. It will probably become our theme verse AGAIN for this year. There is so much in this verse to digest. Today, after the children copy the verse, I think we will look up the word CIRCUMSPECTLY and discuss its meaning and each day discuss a different phrase. "Redeeming the time" has been in the back of my mind for the last couple of years. We only have a short time to teach, train and disciple our children. Eighteen years is not enough time to teach them everything we want them to know, so we have to focus on what is most important.

After looking at some of the blogs of my IRL friends I feel that I am not prepared to start today (our math programs are not even installed on my new computer yet!), but we forge ahead anyway with what I have planned. I am eager to see what the Lord has planned for us this year as we begin a two year study in American history and as I add another student to the mix. Praying for all of you as you start your school year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...