Family

Family

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Yummy Lasagna

Some weeks my menu doesn't work as planned.  This week we had to make adjustments for Monday evening.  The plan was for lasagna and the meat had been cooking in the crock pot all afternoon, but by late afternoon I was feeling pretty run-down with cold symptoms.  Devin normally would have stepped in and finished the meal, but she teaches through the evening hours on Mondays and Kaelan was with her as well.  Just me and the boys here and while they are very helpful, they have never attempted making lasagna and I didn't feel like walking them through it.  The meat was put in the refrigerator and Jeff picked us all up a burger.   ; )


Yesterday was Town Day for me and the middle children so Devin volunteered to finish up the lasagna and knowing that I never make just one, she made one for dinner and one for the freezer.  What a blessing!!!  I thought I would share this delicious recipe with all of you today.  Enjoy!






LASAGNA--this recipe has been in my family for about 38 years...we all love it.  My brother who was single for many years also makes this recipe and adds lots of veggies to it.


1 lb. ground chuck 
1 cup chopped onion
2 large gloves garlic, minced 
2 tsp. oregano, crushed
2 cans tomato soup
 ½ cup water
2 tsp vinegar
 ½ lb lasagne noodles (cooked & drained)
1 pint cottage cheese
 ½ lb mozzarella cheese, grated
grated Parmesan cheese

In saucepan, brown meat, cook onion, garlic, oregano. Add soup, water and vinegar. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring frequently. In baking dish, arrange 3 alternate layers of noodles, cottage cheese, meat sauce, mozzarella. Top with Parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes. I usually double or triple as it freezes well.





http://raisinghomemakers.com/2011/homemaking-link-up-47/


1 comment:

Mary Joy said...

Yum!!!! Now you have me craving, lasagna! I may have to try this one too. I love your recipes!

Are you feeling any better? I mean the cold symptoms you mentioned from Monday. Are you feeling any better? Praying for you friend!

Blessings!

Mrs Mary Joy Pershing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...