Family

Family

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Book Recommendation

"Is he well educated?"
Yes, I think so, as far as he's gone," I answered. "Of course he will go on being educated every day of his life, same as father. He says it is all rot about 'finishing' your education. You never do. You learn more important things each day..."
— Gene Stratton-Porter (Laddie: A True Blue Story)


Have you read this book?  It is such a sweet story of a large farm family in the 1800's who live close to the land.  It's one of those books that you just sigh as you read along.  I hope to read it aloud to the children soon, but I know there are parts of it where I will cry.  I don't mind crying as I read to myself, but it is a little bothersome when you are reading aloud.  
Gather your children around the tea table in the afternoons or enjoy a time of snuggling close to the fire.  Pass around a bowl of popcorn and enjoy some crispy apples together.  This book will surely bless each member of your family.


And the above quote?  All I can say is....I totally agree!


 Hip Homeschool Moms Button 

1 comment:

Annika said...

Hi! I'm stopping over from the Hip Hop. Thank you for the book recommendation, it sounds like one I should read to my children!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...