Family

Family

Friday, April 1, 2011

No Time

Today I am feeling a little crunch to finish up with our school studies this week and to prepare for next week's studies.  And too, there are always our daily chores that must be done so we can function in this place we call home.  I confess that the dining room floor hasn't been mopped in recent memory and that bothers me greatly!  Kind of...

Today there is also applesauce to can, butter to make, EIGHT gallons of milk to process, freezers to defrost and organize, meals to cook, friends to visit with, laundry to wash and put away, things to put up in the attic and  granola to make (we've been out all week and Caedmon always asks for 'nola).  I know I won't get it all done, but we will try!

I just know one day I'll have all the time in the world to sit on the porch and read a book or just look at the birds, but then that means that my house will be missing all the activity that my large brood brings.  So, for now, I will enjoy my busy life providing for the daily needs of my family, storing up for future needs and teaching them all I can.  These blessed and busy days are going faster than they've ever gone before!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true! I have to remind myself often to treasure the moments, because with my youngest being 16 years old, I know my house will be empty before I'm ready!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this reminder! Sometimes it is so easy to wish away these busy years when I yearn for quiet and CLEAN ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...