Family

Family

Sunday, November 14, 2010

O My Soul

Picture taken from our cabin on Ski Mountain in Gatlinburg last fall



Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all His benefits;
Who forgives all your iniquities,
who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Psalm 103:  1-5
On the deck of our cabin
From the tram on Ski Mountain in Gatlinburg last year


This portion of the Psalms has been floating around in my brain for the last few weeks.  It is very fitting for the Thanksgiving season. If you know me in REAL LIFE, you know that I love fall and we pull out all the fall decorations for our home in mid-September.  This year we've been enjoying some candlelit evenings with the smells of autumn in the air.  We have had times of sweet fellowship around the firepit with new and old friends.  We've celebrated another birthday this month (Jordan is 18 now and if I can get blogspot to cooperate I will post some sweet pictures soon) and we are looking ahead to a wonderful holiday season.  Devin has been poring through the cookbooks for some new recipes to try, I have been making a variety of goat milk soaps and learning how to make yogurt and applesauce in my fancy new slowcooker.  We have had another couple of weeks of sickness, but I think we are getting better now.  We were all able to attend church today!  This week will be busy with academics, house cleaning, music lessons, travel for Jeff and preparing for Thanksgiving.  

 May you all have a blessed time of thanksgiving and rejoicing with your families.  Are you busy preparing?  Are you looking through cookbooks for that special recipe?  Do you have some family favorites?  I'll be posting some of our family traditions and recipes in the next few days along with some other thoughts that have been in my mind lately.

1 comment:

The dB family said...

May you have a blessed holiday season too. I can't get my head around how soon Christmas will be here. I must start planning favorite recipes soon!

Blessings!
Deborah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...