Family

Family

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Caedmon's Tropical Banana Cookies

Caedmon, in addition to being my seventh baby and super-cute, has some extreme food allergies and it is a challenge to find foods that he can and will eat.  I recently came across this recipe and made some changes to make it all mine!

3 mashed bananas (if they are especially ripe you can easily mash them with a fork)
2 cups oats
1 cup chopped dates (I am thinking you could substitute raisins, dried cranberries or dried pineapple as well)
1/3 cup Tropical Traditions Gold Label Standard Virgin Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix ingredients well and drop by spoonfuls on an ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.  These cookies don't spread, so you need to flatten them a little. I keep them in the freezer and pull a couple out each afternoon for a quick snack for my gluten-free, egg-free, dairy-free toddler.


Next week I'll be making my granola recipe, but exchanging the olive oil for the coconut oil.  I am eager to try more recipes using Tropical Traditions products found here . Watch this video to see how Tropical Traditions Gold Label Standard Virgin Coconut Oil got started.



Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose.  Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These sound good. I'll probably be making some for our gluten free, lactose free and egg free family members :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...