Family

Family

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I Am Back....

Satellite internet connections can be so frustrating!   For the last couple of weeks our internet has been so slow that my blog wouldn't fully open up.  We would love to have DSL, but it is not available to us right now.  We are so far out in the boonies!!

Everyone is doing much better healthwise right now and we are making great strides in our school work.  The temperatures have been so nice lately that  we have been spending some time on the porch doing our reading and the younger children have spent hours outside playing.  This is why we generally do school during the hot summer months!  It's just too hot to play outside in much of July and August (and even this month has seen highs here in the 100's).  We take more time for outdoor activities in the fall and spring.  This weekend we will be having a much needed yard sale---lots of clothing, some furniture, framed prints and miscellaneous items that I hope will find a new home.  The boys' bathroom is almost complete.   Just needs a few paint touch-ups here and there.  Jeff had a trip to DC that interrupted his work.  Hopefully he can get that finished this weekend and get the next project completed before he and Jordan go back to DC later in October.


Next week we will be buying apples from our local orchard.  I hope to can lots of applesauce for applesauce muffins, pie filling and yes, apple jelly.  I am also gathering up supplies to start making our own soaps.  I am very excited about this and should have all my supplies in by next week.  I am so very thankful that God gave me these years at home to spend with my children and to learn together.  So many skills that we are learning are now lost arts, but we are having fun planning them, have fun working on them together and enjoy the fruits of our hands.

I have several topics coming in future posts-- a great giveaway, product reviews, recipes, homemade cleaners, fall decorations and finally the bathroom reveal.  But a busy household comes first!  Today it will be cleaning house, cooking, schooling, music practice,  a doctor's appointment, errand running and gathering and pricing more items for the yard sale.  So, what have you been up to?

2 comments:

Caleb said...

We have to battle the whole satellite internet connection thing too. You're right it's very frustrating. I think I have become to dependent on my computer to get things done! We live to far out for DSL, but the aggravating thing is that our neighbors 2 miles down the road have it. We were told it would be awhile before it was here! ARRRGH!

Sharla said...

We have satellite internet too and were told four years ago that DSL was coming within a year! It is frustrating at times. As the trees grow taller, our connection grows weaker!

Anyway, sounds like you had a busy week. I love fall for all the apple recipes too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...