Family

Family

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Boy Jack

This little man is enjoying his last few weeks of being a five year old.  Fun-loving, cuddly, full of adventure and a good worker, Jackson keeps things hopping around here.  Just today he brought a special gift for me to the kitchen where I was working.  A nice big gift bag was presented to me.  I could hear something rustling in there and I don't DO  well with creepy crawlies in the house.  He was quite tickled with himself.  My gift?  A frog who quickly found himself back outside.




Captain America with Grandmother last fall

Like his older brothers, Jackson loves history (he asks to take a history book with us to appointments---particularly fond of d' Aulaire books)  and likes to play dress up, particularly in period costumes.  Right now he can usually be found in a frontiersman get-up or dressed as a colonial minute-man.  I have given up on keeping the costume boxes organized.  I just try to go through them every other month or so to clear out the every day clothes that get mixed in.  This week, however, Jackson became Captain America.  He painted his face with markers to match his costume.  His ENTIRE face was painted blue and red.  Four days later and we still haven't gotten all the marker off.  I am so very thankful that God gave me this special little boy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...