Family

Family

Monday, February 8, 2010

Supper Menu and a Recipe

I live in the South and have all my life.  I can call it supper!!


Monday-bbq sandwiches (it's in the freezer!) , baked beans, salad

Tuesday-field peas, stewed potatoes, squash, okra and cornbread

Wednesday-spaghetti (sauce in the freezer), salad, homemade garlic bread

Thursday-broiled pork chops, green beans, baked potatoes

Friday-chicken chimichangas (in the freezer), rice, beans, chips, salsa

Saturday-little cheesy meat loaves (in the freezer), butter beans, corn

Sunday-lasagna (in the freezer), salad, homemade garlic bread



And THIS BOY is loving his mama's homemade granola these days.  Well, really he loves his mama more and tells me so several times a day with lots of hugs and kisses.  However, he does like this granola and generally has at least one bowl daily.  It's easy to make and good for you as well.  Like most of my recipes, I double this.  Actually, I make two different kinds so I make four batches at a time.  It's that good!!

Anita's Granola

Each recipe makes 8 cups.  Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Blend together in a large measuring cup:
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
2 t vanilla
1 t cinnamon

In a large mixing bowl, mix:
 8 cups of regular oats
 1/4 cup of protein powder (I use rice protein powder from the health food store)
1 cup chopped raw walnuts

Pour honey-oil mixture over oat mixture until coated thoroughly.

Spread evenly in two 9 x 12 baking pans or rimmed cookie sheets.

Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.  Let cool and store in a tightly closed container in refrigerator or freezer.  I add dried blueberries to the cooled mixture.  This granola is great  cold and served with milk or heated in the microwave with milk. Some of my kids eat it dry.  I have used maple syrup instead of honey and I may substitute molasses for half the honey in my next batch.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

thanks for posting...now I found your blog:) thanks for the tips. We love AFA and now I will check out the HSC.

Mrs. White said...

Great menu! I love calling it "supper," too! It's just a sweeter term.

Blessings,
Mrs. White

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...