Family

Family

Saturday, November 14, 2009

We Love to Read!

I thought I would do a quick post on what we are reading around here.  We all love to read, but there isn't enough time in the day to read as much as we would like.  Here is a list of our current reading material.

Jeff is reading Clyde Cranford's Because We Love Him.

Anita is reading What He Must Be by Voddie Baucham and Presenting Miss Jane Austen by May Lamberton Becker.

Devin is reading The Attributes of God by A. W. Pink.

Jordan is reading To Have and To Hold by Mary Johnstone (about Jamestown), The Treasure of the Incas by Henty and selections from The Mentor Book of Major British Poets.

Aaron is reading The Land of the Pilgrims/The Courtship of Miles Standish (a very old textbook).

Kaelan is reading The Double Life of Pocahontas by Jean Fritz and The Landing of the Pilgrims by James Daughtery.

Jackson is listening to John Smith by Charles Graves and various picture books.

Our read aloud selections include Pilgrim Stories by Margaret Pumphreys (a tradition every Thanksgiving season), Martin Rattler by Ballantyne, The World of Captain John Smith by Genevieve Foster and from the Heroes of the Faith series, Jim Elliott.

Would love to hear what you are reading!  We are always looking for new or old books to add to our library.  I just placed an order for new books last night which includes a new favorite publisher, Lamplighter.   Now we definitely need to add on to this house.  We need more book storage!!

3 comments:

Celee said...

Hi, I found you through blog frog and saw your post on reading. We are a book family, too. My husband reads mostly church history and theology books. We love Pink!! The kids and I are doing core 6 Sonlight right now so we're reading lots of history. How old is your son who reads Henty? I tried getting my 10 yr old into him and I think he may be a little young.

My blog is about our homeschooling adventures, but I've been posting on adoption this month in honor of November being National Adoption Awareness Month.

Alison said...

We're reading "God King" right now as a read aloud. We'll pull out the Thanksgiving & Pilgrim stories as soon as we wrap up our current read!

Celee said...

We read God King last month. My favorite Sonlight book this year was Mara, but my kids' favorite was The Golden Goblet.

Anita- Thank you for stopping by my blog and answering my question about your sons ages. That makes me feel so much better. With my 10 yos being my oldest I think I push him a little. We will definitely check out the Ballantyne books. I've seen them in the Vision Forum catalog and wondered if they were as good as Henty. He was just so bored by Henty, I wondered if it was his generation or age. I'm hoping it's his age and we'll try again in a few years. Thanks again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...