Family

Family

Monday, November 24, 2008

ThanksgIving Funny

While our focus at Thanksgiving shouldn't be on the meal, but on our blessings, I thought this was funny enough to pass on to others. I have to admit that I am looking forward to a turkey sandwich!!

Twas the night of Thanksgiving
But I just couldn't sleep,
I tried counting backwards
I tried counting sheep ...
The leftovers beckoned
The dark meat and white,
But I fought the temptation
With all of my might ...
Tossing and turning with anticipation
The thought of a snack became infatuation
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore
Gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round
'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground!
I crashed through the ceiling, Floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding, And a handful of pie
But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees
Happy eating to all! Pass the cranberries, Please!
May your stuffing be tasty, May your turkey be plump
May your potatoes 'n Gravy, Have nary a lump
May your yams be delicious, May your pies take the prize
May your thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs!
May your Thanksgiving Be Blessed!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...