Family

Family

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Numbering Our Days

Every year during this season like many others the world over, I reflect on the past year. What can I do better this year? What do I need to work on with the children?
What do we need to work on as a family? There are so many areas that need improvement and it can be very discouraging when I begin to make a mental list of them. There have been areas of growth, though, and not just in family size. We are so thankful for our surprise baby, Caedmon, who has brought much joy. The children have grown in stature as evidenced by the "high-waters" pants that they occasionally pull out and the monthly trips for new shoes. They are also growing in wisdom although some days, being children, they can still be very foolish. But so can their mother.

Psalm 90:12 "So teach us to number our days, that we may gain hearts of wisdom." This verse always comes to mind as I clean out from the old year and plan and organize for the new year. I want every day to count...not just waste in fruitless activity, but to really COUNT for God's glory. Whether it be cooking or cleaning, teaching or playing, everything we do needs to be for His glory and as if we were doing it for Him. My prayer for my family and yours is that we will number our days, planning things that will bring glory to God--whatever it is that our hands find to do so that we will gain those hearts of wisdom.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...